Director of Supply Chain - CertainTeed IG North America
A versatile Supply Chain Executive with over 16 years’ progressive experience managing international strategic projects and teams at Saint-Gobain. As a results oriented strategic thinker, Gonzalo currently holds the role of Director of Supply Chain at CertainTeed Insulation North America, managing 160 people and a budget of $60M, reporting to the Group’s General Manager and serving as a member of the Executive team.
During his tenure at Saint-Gobain, he has lived and worked internationally in France, UK, Morocco, Spain and North America leading projects involving customer service, S&OP, process improvement and implementing SAP. He has a successful track record of leading complex mergers and acquisitions, managing world-class supply chain programs, and providing financial management.
Fluent in three languages, English/Spanish/French, Gonzalo is a proven leader, with a demonstrated ability to manage people as well as processes. In addition to supply chain, he has managed finance, Audit and IT projects across multinational boundaries.
Representative accomplishments include:
• Defined a new Value Proposition and executed an improvement program leading to customer service improvement (CSI from 92% to 96%), $15M annual profit increase and 15 days of working inventory reduction.
• Successful implementation of a new S&OP process for tactical planning ensuring the alignment of Sales & Marketing, Planning, Production, WH and Transportation.
• With a specific focus on Customer Service streamlined communication between Supply Chain, Sales and the Customer.
• Implemented cost improvement through product simplification, regional freight bidding, external warehousing and other outsourced services reductions.
• Implemented of SAP ERP including APO and MRP as well as QlikView for reporting.
• Won Supply Chain Award for best 2019 Saint-Gobain’s worldwide business improver.
• Instrumental in improving CertainTeed’s IG operating profit from - $43M in 2017 to +$30M in 2019.
He graduated from Universidad Autonoma de Madrid in Madrid Spain with the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his career, Gonzalo has been known for getting the job done and making things happen to the betterment of the companies he has served. As a strong team player and contributor, he gained a reputation for dependability and technical savvy, and for bringing extraordinary value to his positions.